Sunday, May 17, 2009
Quilts of Valor
Quilts of Valor is in desperate need of 600 - 700 quilts to be donated to the Warrior in Transition Battalion at Ft. Bragg, NC. Quilts of Valor is a volunteer organization which provides quilts to wounded warriors to help in their recovery.
Here are the details about the quilt(s) needed for donation:
* Finished quilts can be of any piecing pattern.
* Red, white and blue fabrics would be their first choice, but any kind of fabrics are fine, but please, no children's fabric.
* The recommended size of a donated quilts is 54 x 67 inches.
* The quilts can be a maximum of 72 x 87 inches and a minimum of 50 x 60 inches.
* Please, no quilts that look like flags. Flag quilts are used to cover coffins.
* Because this is a request for quilts to be donated to a specific program, the Warriors in Transition Battalion, the finished quilts need to be mailed directly to Sue Wolf, a point of contact for the Warrior in Transition Battalion. Her group, The North Carolina Stars of Hope Quilters present the quilts to the wounded soldiers in person. Please contact Sue Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to send your quilt to her.