I like to starch my fabric. I prefer to use concentrated liquid starch, purchased at a big box store. A heavy solution of 50% water to 50% starch. Spraying the starch to warm fabric, makes the fabric firm faster.
- With aerosol cans I must wait for the foam to sink in...waiting just isn't in my vocabulary!
- I prefer to work with firm fabric.
- It stabilizes bias edges
- Stabilizes light weight fabrics
- Stabilizes fabric for some decorative stitching
- Be aware that bugs like to eat the starch!