Friday, September 10, 2010

Quilt Show


Two of my favorite quilts ever...

Prayer Beads
59”w X 50” h

An attempt to express the essence I experience. The flexibility and softness of fabric allow my hands to create what my spirit feels. This piece is hand appliqued, machine pieced and quilted. The fabrics were selected from my collection of store bought materials.

Mah Jongg
62”w X 69” h

Mah Jongg. An ancient Chinese diversion concealed by the royalty for centuries. A game. Color and texture in dots and tiles interweaved. A puzzle. Intricate geometric designs in endless combinations. An attempt to express the essence I experience. The flexibility and softness of fabric allow my hands to create what my spirit feels. Was I Chinese royalty in another life? Many commercial cotton fabrics create the design. This quilt is hand appliqued, machine pieced and quilted.

No comments: