· Date: November 9-11, 2012 (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
· Hours: Friday and Saturday: 10am-5pm, Sunday: 10am-4pm
· Suggested Donation: $5
This year’s Block Party Quilt show will feature a special challenge exhibit of member’s self-portraits, done with a variety of fabric arts and quilting techniques. Each represents how the artist views herself as a quilter, whether realistic, abstract, or even comical. Local artist Linda Haddan will also be featured. Linda specializes in realistic portrayals of every-day scenes.
Complementing the over 200 show quilts, there will be a variety of booths and activities for quilters and non-quilters alike:
· Local harpist David Michael playing a musical program
· Boutique with fabric arts & craft items for sale
· Merchant Mall featuring local specialty fabric, sewing and quilt art vendors
· Demonstrations of quilting and fabric arts
· Tea Room featuring homemade and specialty goodies
· Voting for your favorite quilts
· And chances to win door prizes!