Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crazy Baby

I've been looking at his pile of crazy 1 1/2" strips for a while. My niece is having a baby soon so I decided to see what I could do with them.
I cut the 1 1/2" strips into various lengths. Added a blue 1 1/2" square to one end, and sewed all the strips together end to end. Now there is one strip yards and yards long. I folded this strip in half and sewed the long edge together. Repeating this step until I got the size I needed.



It just made sense to add a 1 1/2" blue inner border.
 Now comes the fun part. Up until now I had a vision. I'll need to audition border ideas.
The wild print seems too much, and the blue boring.
I tried nine patches mixing the two fabrics. Like this better, but it's not quilt right either.
Here we go, I like this mix.


Crazy Baby


Next, on to the back!

No comments: