Tuesday, December 15, 2015

About Color


File:Rgb-colorwheel.svgColor,  is the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, blue, yellow, etc. Color derives from the spectrum of light (distribution of light power versus wavelength) interacting in the eye with the spectral sensitivities of the light receptors. This is why I prefer to study a color wheel that is based on how we see color NOT how to mix paint.




The Red Green Blue (RGB) color model is an additive color model in which red, green, and blue light are added together in various ways to reproduce a broad array of colors. The name of the model comes from the initials of the three additive primary colors, red, green, and blue. RGB (copyright free)color wheel 


One thing about Seattle, the winter skies are grey. I miss all the colors I see the rest of the year. Maybe this is why my quilts are often so filled with color. I took this picture last summer. For me it exhibits the perfect Complementary Colors. Those colors located opposite each other on a color wheel.

The same complimentary colors, much more subdued.


No comments: