Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Block Party Quilt Guild ... WOW!

By now you must know how much I support quilt guilds and quilt shops too. I had the opportunity recently to attend a meeting of Block Party Quilters. A fun group! The have great speakers, even though it is a bit of a trek for me to get there, I go often. This time it was Esterita Austin. She presented "Working in a Series" .Portraits have been a source of inspiration to artists for centuries.  Esterita took us on a photographic journey that begins with taking an expressive photograph then discussing: lighting, angles and settings through interpreting the image in fabric.  She will cover her technique step by step and show how, by adding textile paint, one can achieve greater depth.

 
Here are a couple of details of her work.






And did I mention, they do a great show and tell?



No comments: