Tuesday, December 20, 2016
1. Will remove excess dye from hand dyed fabrics.
2. Will remove sizing from fabric before dyeing.
3. Use in the dye bath for even color.
When to use Synthrapol
1. To wash hand dyed fabrics before using them in a project.
2. When fabric is already quilted and bleeds into adjacent fabric.
3. To soak fabric before dyeing.
How to wash hand dyed fabric with Synthrapol
1. Fill your washing machine with hot water.
2. Once the washing machine is filled, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Synthrapol. This should be just enough for 1/4" suds.
3. Add dry fabric and let the machine run for 10 minutes. Let the machine run through the complete cycle with a warm rinse, then dry.
1. use the sink, a plastic tub, or an old enamel canning kettle is not used for food preparation. heat the water.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of Synthrapol per gallon of water.
3. Add dry hand dyed fabric. Swish your fabric around in the hot Synthrapol bath with a wooden spoon. After 10 minutes, rinse well in warm water and dry.
How to care for hand dyed fabric
Launder hand dyed fabric in warm water with a cold rinse. Do not wash in hot water.