Friday, June 2, 2017

Flower Power

Beauties In A Basket
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the summer of love, which gave birth to the anti-war flower power slogan. I thought I would share a couple of my 'flower' quilts.



Never forget the label
Flowers are a significant visual influence in my daily life.  I can almost feel the warm summer sun and smell the fragrance of the flowers from my quilt bouquet. The background of small half log cabin blocks was a joy to make. It was a personal challenge to combine three dimensional appliqué with log cabin blocks.



.
Plum Blossom   27” X 32”,  100 % cotton fabrics, machine pieced, appliqued & quilted


Oriental designs have always fascinated me. This is a challenge piece incorporating the backs of fabrics for increased variety.  Layered fans and lamé fabrics provide movement. The floral applique accent adds dimension.

No comments: