Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Piecing Half Square Triangles

It isn't my favorite thing to piece half square triangles. I know it is most accurate to piece on a foundation, but the truth be known, I hate to tear the paper away. So I do it an older, just as accurate way.
6" squares = 2" finished blocks. Use these measurements for any other sizes.
For eight 2" finished half square triangles, start with two pieces 6" squares of fabric, right sides together.
Draw lines from corner to corner. Sew 1/4" from both sides of the lines.
Cut on the drawn lines, and not moving the fabric cut vertically and horizontally too.




 You will end up with eight per 6" pair.
After pressing, one corner usually does not need to be trimmed.
I use a half square triangle ruler and trim two sides for perfect squares.



Perfect half square triangles.

No comments: