Tuesday, November 17, 2020

It's been almost a Year!

 I was fortunate to visit India earlier this year. 


India, home to 1.3 billion people, 29 states and 22 regional languages, is arguably one of the most popular travel destinations on earth. The country is known for its hustle and bustle capital New Delhi, its vibrant culture and picturesque scenery.

A few things I found interesting:

 If you love mangoes and I do, you’ve got India to thank – The country is the world’s biggest producer and consumer of mangoes, accounting for more than 40% of the world’s supply. In fact, Indians love mangoes so much they made it their national fruit. 

India has the most post offices in the world  – With a massive population, comes the need to communicate. India boasts 155,015 post offices which are regularly used by locals. And no I didn't use one! I gave up sending postcards years ago. Email or texting from my phone is just too easy.

The Taj Mahal – No list about India is complete without mentioning the famous landmark. It was built in Agra between 1631 and 1648 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in memory of his late wife Empress Mumtaz Mahal. The landmark now sees between 6-8 million visitors per year. All I can say is Fabulous! It is high on my list, right behind the Grand Canyon, the Great Wall and China's Forbidden City!


No comments: