Tuesday, January 12, 2021

It's that time of the year for me to organize the stuff that doesn't work for me anymore. My 'pretties' (appliques, ribbon, trims, etc.) I must have been out of my mind when I placed them the first time. Everything else is arranged by color. So the fact that these things are with like objects I have no idea. Needless to say I must have slipped a cog, and it's time to fix this!

My method is simple:

SORT
Pick up one thing. Ask yourself what category it is. Place it in a box, with the category clearly marked with a piece of paper. Pick up the next item and repeat. Clear out your space while sorting, one item at a time, everything into categories.

PURGE
Now that all your items are sorted into categories it is easier to decide what you want to keep or donate. Go through each pile and try to get rid of as much as possible.  I must admit I didn't get rid of much!

TIDY
Now that you have the things you love, use and want to keep you have to decide where everything will live.Mine live in the closet.

LABEL

I print two labels for each box. Labeling both sides makes finding the right thing so much easier.

 



 

No comments: