Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stash Busting Quilts

I'm on a mission to make some Stash Busting Quilts! I don't think I am going to win the "Whoever has the most fabric" contest, but I have my share. I realized that when the cupboard is too full to shove more in, something needs to happen.

Scrap quilts (or I should say multi fabric) are my all-time favorite type of quilt. History would have us believe that the majority of antique scrap quilts were frugal projects, made with bits and pieces of  leftover fabrics. While that’s probably true, I think quilters of past generations enjoyed the challenge of combining fabrics just as much as we do today, and likely used their fabric stashes to design scrappy quilts with lots of visual appeal.
Lots of nine patches sewn in the ten minutes before dinner.

No comments: