Sunday, August 23, 2015

Joining the Blocks: Quilt-As-You-Go Style



Joining the Blocks in a Quilt-As-You-Go Style worked out just perfectly for I quilt I just finished. It is larger that I usually quilt a utility quilt, 80 x 100". Using the technique to join the sections worked out perfectly! The workshop description is "Learn to join pre-quilted blocks using several innovative techniques. Go home ready to make larger machine quilted quilts without all the work of trying to get it into your machine. The Quilt-As-You-Go method allows for more detailed quilting using a standard sewing machine since you're only quilting a small section at a time." I'll be teaching it a number of times at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. See you there!


This is the back! I often use left over bits from the front. The Quilt-as-You-Go note; The white strip on the left is one 'join' the narrow brownish strip toward the left is the second 'join'.

No comments: