Friday, August 28, 2015

Summer in Seattle

The City and sail boats
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love living in Seattle. I was raised by the beach, and never want to stray very far from salt water, so Seattle works for me! With an estimated 668,342 residents, and a metropolitan area of around 3.6 million inhabitants Seattle offers a large variety of things to do.

Seattle is home to some of the world's best boating waterways. The lakes, large and small, Puget Sound and the Pacific Ocean make boating a joy in this majestic region.

We are regulars on Tuesday for the weekly Duck Dodge sail boat race. The official web site calls it the "The Ultimate Beer Can Race" - Sailing World, July 2008. And it is listed in FODOR's as one of the "TOP 100 Things to do in Northern America."
On the left is a Duck Boat(a sightseeing boat) and the right is a vintage wooden boat.


No comments: