Thursday, September 10, 2015

Theater Day

I spent the whole day in town in spite of the 90 degree heat and I don't want to know what the humidity was, I had a great time! I saw Beautiful, the Carol King Musical. BEAUTIFUL tells the inspiring true story of King’s remarkable rise to stardom, from being part of a hit songwriting team with her husband Gerry Goffin, to her relationship with fellow writers and best friends Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann, to becoming one of the most successful solo acts in popular music history.

Chilina Kennedy, who played Carol beautifully, at the stage door, signing autographs.


FYI,  I don't drink coffee. But the BEST deal in NYC is at Starbucks. For $2 you can buy a bottle of cold water, sit down, enjoy the air conditioning, and use the restroom. The only better deal is when they run out of bottled water, and give you a cup for free!




No comments: