2016 is the year of the Monkey. It is the Fire Hóu (火 猴) year of the Fire Monkey. Fire is the third of the ten celestial stems and 猴 Hóu (Monkey) is the ninth of the twelve terrestrial branches. Unlike western calendars, the Chinese calendar has names that are repeated every 60 years.
Characteristics of Monkey People
- People born in the year of the monkey are lively, flexible, witty and versatile with strong practical ability.
- They love to be active and they enjoy sports.
- Often highly intelligent, they are talented problem solvers, and are self-assured, sociable and innovative.
- They love being the centre of attention and have a magnetic personality.
- Monkey people have an insatiable desire for knowledge and show amazing creativity in their work.
- They like challenges and love to succeed, although they can be discouraged if things don't go their way.
- Monkeys are mischievous; they are masters of the practical joke (though they can sometimes take things too far)
- They tend to be healthy (probably due to their active lifestyle) but should remember to take a break from their busy schedule now and again.
- Negative traits are that they can be jealous, suspicious, cunning, arrogant and impatient, and tend to look down on others.