Friday, December 31, 2010

A Well Stocked Studio for the New Year


I am always thinking about storage and it recently dawned on me that I should also be thinking about what I use and future needs. So here is my check list for machine sewing.

• Sewing machine - European made - the very best you can afford.
• Thread - I use light/dark gray and light/dark beige for most of my piecing. And a spool or two of black and white.• Machine sewing needles in a variety of sizes for various needs (e.g., piecing, appliqué, quilting, embroidery). Note the film tube - for old needles.
• Pins - silk; glass-head and flower-head.
• An awl.
• Thread cutting scissors.
• A variety of threads to meet any needs for machine quilting. The "essential" collection might include a mix of mercerized cottons, rayon's, solids, variegated, metallic.

No comments: