Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Support Your Local Guild

I have belonged to Evergreen Piecemakers Quilt Guild almost since it was formed 30 years ago on a hot summer’s day in an apple orchard in Kent, Washington. The “founding mothers” outgrew the original meeting place and chose the First Christian Church, 11717 SE 240th, Kent, WA 98031. Our meetings take place the 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7 p.m. Please join us.

There are many reasons to belong, friends, fellowship, the opportunity to learn and share. One of my favorites is the opportunity to hear great speakers.

This month's speaker was Sonia Grasvik. I've know Sonia for a long time, but never heard her speak. What a delight! 
Image of quilt titled "Speed of Light" by Sonia Grasvik
"Speed of Light"

She says about this quilt: As a child in the Midwest, I was privileged to witness the beautiful display of the heavens unmarred by the light pollution we know today. Told that much of what I was seeing was no longer there, it was the beginning of a life long struggle to “see with my heart” and not with eyes only.

No comments: