Saturday, October 7, 2017

Any Excuse for Straight Line Stitching

I love straight line quilting, it works so well on so many quilts, and it’s so easy! The possible combinations of straight lines are endless. 
These pieces started with postcards of Chinese cigarette advertising posters from the 1930's. I love them so much, that there is a very large framed one hanging in the guest bathroom. (Talk about getting off the subject!)

I printed these on Printed Treasures fabric that comes pretreated with stuff that I can run through my ink jet printer. The purpose was to get them done so I could bead. (I bead after the pieces are quilted and bound). So straight line quilting was just the thing. I wanted nothing fussy, nothing to distract from the beading. I really like both of these pieces. 

What a difference, to see the before beading and after beading pictures.

No comments: