Tuesday, June 26, 2018

It's Retreat Time

Retreat means different things to different people. For some it is the opportunity to learn from a
teacher. For many it is a time to sew. For me it is time spent with friends.We sew, eat, talk and sew some more. Over the years I have developed a list of must haves:

sewing machine
extension plate for machine, foot pedal and power cord for my sewing machine  (I put these on the list because I may or may not have forgotten to bring one or more of them once or twice in my life…)
light
extension cord
paper sack for garbage
sewing kit
seam ripper
extra needles and bobbins
extra thread – which usually means I’ll bring 6 or 7 spools  (I have a tendency over-estimate how much I’ll actually get done.)
rulers – I always bring a 8 1/2" square and a 6″ x 12″ rectangle
rotary cutter and extra blades
small rotary cutting mat
seam ripper
snips and scissors
pins
one or two pens, graph paper and some scratch paper
re-fillable water bottle
camera

projects! Lots of them, I like choices AND the directions to complete them!

No comments: