Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last month was the best month ever for quilt donations (more than 300!), can you help AAQI make June the best SALE month?

Check out the great quilts for sale. Here are just two!
Audrey Arno
Tuttle, OK

Width: 7.75" Length: 7.75"

Materials/Techniques: Made from a variety of printed fabrics with a technique inspired by Maggie Ball's Bargello Quilts with a Twist article in American Quilter. The blocks were reduced in size considerably and needed a different ratio of patch widths; then 16 blocks were maneuvered into this design.

Artist's Statement: When I was quite young I decided that blue and green didn't go together and refused to wear clothes with that color combination. My thinking changed when a grade school art teacher whom I really liked said that green and blue were the most natural color scheme, since it was all around us, in the sky and the plants on earth. The green patches in this quilt reminded me of the fields showing through the clouds when looking out at the sky from an airplane window.

Susan Chambers
Belleville, Ontario Canada

Width: 8.25" Length: 10.75"

Materials/Techniques: Fabric, Batting, and Embroidery Floss, Wonder Under.

Artist's Statement: I had this idea in my head about making these flowers with wonder under. My sister and I go away for a weekend every spring for shopping, eating, crafts, and very little sleep. We usually bring a bottle of wine for the weekend and pour out what we don't finish (not big party animals!). This year while working on our little quilts, we polished off the whole bottle! We both had a lot of fun making working with this technique.

Dedication: I have been a seamstress my entire life and have been quilting for over 20 years. I work as a Personal Support Worker and have worked with many people affected by Alzheimer’s, including my husband's Aunt Norma.

No comments: