Friday, June 15, 2012

The Quilt Show's at Island Quilter

Katie Pedersen, Modern Quilter was the featured quilter in the Island Quilter's Gallery in May. Katie is a Modern Quilting Instructor at Sew Katie Did. She says "I enjoy creating bold, colorful and functional quilts to be used and loved. I alternate between improvisational and traditional techniques to fuel the creative process. Each quilt is a learning experience and impacts the creation of the next. I feel like I have a few lifetimes of quilt designs in my head... probably because I sew faster in my head than in real life!
When I am not sewing, I teach local quilting classes focusing on improvisational technique and the importance of color value."

Check out her book: Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen


PS. More quilts done in the modern style are featured in the gallery in June.


1 comment:

sew katie did said...

Thanks for posting this! Congrats on being a finalist.