Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Following My Inspirations

 Queens Court

My passion is to blend traditional design with my desire to experiment with embellishment. With a respect for traditional technique, craftsmanship and design, I experiment with shape and color to create my own dream.

This quilt is painted, hand beaded, machine pieced and quilted.

 

Inspiration:

Doge’s Palace is located close to the Piazza San Marco, near the bell tower of St. Mark’s Basilica and close to the cathedral.  It’s one of the most notable buildings of Venice, Italy.

The palace used to be the residence of the Doge of Venice (the leader of the Republic of Venice between the 8th and the 18th centuries).   The Doge was the title of the top elected official (the chief magistrate) of Venice.

One of the sides of this building faces the Grand Canal.





No comments: